It encompasses 10 contributing buildings and 3 contributing sites on a working farm in continuous operation since 1865. The monastery was founded in 1950 and the property is owned by the Benedictine Foundation of New York State. Located on the property are the contributing Our Lady Queen of Peace Chapel (1953) and East and West Buildings (1964), St. Joseph's House (1954-1957), St. Peter's House (Former Nagel/Hofbauer House, 1874), St. Gertrude's House (Former Durmstadt House, 1865), Mount Saviour Monastic Cemetery (1960), Good Shepherd Lay Cemetery (1955), St. Peter's Barn (Former Nagel/Hofbauer Barn, c.1890/1942), Main barn (1959), Arts & Crafts Building & Storage (Former Shop Building and Kiln, 1962/1973), Wagner House (Former Neilitz House, 1879), St. James's House (Former Harding House, 1870), and Annex (Former milk house and now monastery guest house, 1870/1961).[2]